• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

What is the deal with Welborne Labs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they are still in business? I placed an order for a CATO module back on October 15 via PayPal and have not yet received it and have had no responses to the 4 different emails I've sent them requesting a status update. Dead silence on their end.

I'm not an impatient person by any means, but PayPal only gives you 45 days to dispute a transaction and if the vendor's not communicating at all, you're left with little choice.

I see several threads complaining about service with them, but has anyone else had problems with them lately or know what the heck is going on with them?

Does anyone know if they are still in business? I placed an order for a CATO module back on October 15 via PayPal and have not yet received it and have had no responses to the 4 different emails I've sent them requesting a status update. Dead silence on their end.

I'm not an impatient person by any means, but PayPal only gives you 45 days to dispute a transaction and if the vendor's not communicating at all, you're left with little choice.

I see several threads complaining about service with them, but has anyone else had problems with them lately or know what the heck is going on with them?

You might get it in a year or two.... Then again you might not.

They might as well not even put an email address on there site because they certianly dont responed to them.

I ordered some turret boards from them once. Ill never order from the again.

I placed an order with them in July. Never received merchandise.
They did not respond to emails asking about the status, and do not have a published phone number.

Had to get my payment back through my credit card company. They used my money for 5 months and, had I waited longer, would have had no recourse and been out hundreds of dollars..

Be very careful with this supplier.

I still get their advertising emails also, but grew suspicious of their large discounts for "orders placed today".

To me it looked like they were having cash flow problems and needed a quick influx of money. They used my money for 5 months. Stopped returning my emails after 60 days.

I ordered some Dale resistors from them last week, then stumbled across this thread... I sent an email for an order update and Pam was kind enough to reply that my order had shipped and that it should arrive any day...

sure enough, when I got home today, the parcel was there... :)

I finally had to file a claim through AMEX. After 4 attempts on my part to contact them over the course of 6 weeks, still no response. I still get the email advertisements, which sound increasingly desperate. Clearly, this is a business with cash flow problems.

I would avoid them. Any business that takes peoples' money, doesn't send product, then refuses to communicate with customers deserves to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.