• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Amp Cage Fababricators?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The first amp I restored was a Dynaco ST-70 with cage. I worked on it upside down while supported by it's attached cage which rested on a heavy sheet of cardboard, enabling me to spin the entire assembly around on my workbench without scratching the cage.
Right now I'm working on a Pilot 232 Stereo Plus, but it lacks a cage. I would like to have a cage fabricated for this amp and another (Fisher 481-A. Although I may not run either amp with a cage, I would like them just the same, for service and storage.
Any suggestions and experience with private fabricators?

Thanks

I normally service my amps propped on books in a shallow cardboard box. However, I like the idea of having a "built in" service cradle to go with an amp. Supporting the amp upside down by a ventilated cage is a little safer and more stable when measuring voltages than on books or in a closed box. I know this because I have an unventilated box but it gets pretty warm in there.
This is nothing critical-I was only wondering if anyone had the name of a fabricator and was satisfied.
Rich

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.