Yaqin MS 34 D - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th November 2012, 10:22 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull041161 View Post
Will this tell me if i can run the amp on the uk voltage 240 as the amp only has a switch to run 220v. sorry for all the questions
Don't think so. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about checking the heater voltage, to see if it measures high. You'll need to pop the bottom off to check this. Does the person coming over tomorrow have any experience working around high voltage sources?

jeff
Old 14th November 2012, 10:47 PM   #42
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylkid58 View Post
Don't think so. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about checking the heater voltage, to see if it measures high. You'll need to pop the bottom off to check this. Does the person coming over tomorrow have any experience working around high voltage sources?

jeff
Hi he mends computers but knows nothing about valve amps or hifi. And i dont feel safe enough to do it my self. Wish there was someone close to do it for me i would happly pay as im desperate to hear what it sounds like
Old 14th November 2012, 11:31 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

Hi all well tried it for 10 mins with some crapy 60 watt gale speakers. It didnt sound bad to say it was not warmed up. Wanted to connect my fllor standers to it and turn it up. Would haveing it louder cause damage
Old 14th November 2012, 11:48 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Wanted to connect my fllor standers to it and turn it up. Would haveing it louder cause damage
I would play it at moderate volume for a while, just to make sure it's working properly.

jeff
Old 15th November 2012, 12:20 AM   #45
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I would play it at moderate volume for a while, just to make sure it's working properly.

jeff
Thanks for all the help and tips.I could not resist trying it just had it at what i call tv listening lol about quater of the way round for 10 mins. Then i relised when i had turned it of i didnt know which mode i had on triode ore the linier mode. When can i wind the volume up a bit after heater voltages have been cheked
Old 15th November 2012, 12:38 AM   #46
diyAudio Member

Quote:
When can i wind the volume up a bit after heater voltages have been checked
I would give it a good hour, then if everything seems ok, you can crank it up a bit. You should get it checked out ASAP thou, to avoid any long term damage.

jeff
Old 15th November 2012, 12:50 AM   #47
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I would give it a good hour, then if everything seems ok, you can crank it up a bit. You should get it checked out ASAP thou, to avoid any long term damage.

jeff
Thanks again for the help. There is no nasty huming or distortion sounds clean. But the little speakers used for testing a rubish. Is it just the heater voltage i need to get cheked. Would have thought the manufacturers would have set the bias voltage wont thay
Old 15th November 2012, 01:03 AM   #48
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Is it just the heater voltage i need to get checked.
It's the most obvious place to see if the amp is happy with your mains voltage.

Quote:
Would have thought the manufacturers would have set the bias voltage won't they.
Maybe.

jeff
Old 15th November 2012, 01:18 AM   #49
diyAudio Member

Quote:
It's the most obvious place to see if the amp is happy with your mains voltage.

Maybe.

jeff
Thanks alot i will get that cheked tommorow and report back. Do i have speakers connected amp on and volume turned down after warming the the valves up
Old 15th November 2012, 01:25 AM   #50
diyAudio Member

Yes.

Hide this!Advertise here!