• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Yaqin MS 34 D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Will this tell me if i can run the amp on the uk voltage 240 as the amp only has a switch to run 220v. sorry for all the questions

Don't think so. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about checking the heater voltage, to see if it measures high. You'll need to pop the bottom off to check this. Does the person coming over tomorrow have any experience working around high voltage sources?

jeff

Don't think so. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about checking the heater voltage, to see if it measures high. You'll need to pop the bottom off to check this. Does the person coming over tomorrow have any experience working around high voltage sources?

jeff

Hi he mends computers but knows nothing about valve amps or hifi. And i dont feel safe enough to do it my self. Wish there was someone close to do it for me i would happly pay as im desperate to hear what it sounds like:)

I would play it at moderate volume for a while, just to make sure it's working properly.

jeff

Thanks for all the help and tips.I could not resist trying it just had it at what i call tv listening lol about quater of the way round for 10 mins. Then i relised when i had turned it of i didnt know which mode i had on triode ore the linier mode. When can i wind the volume up a bit after heater voltages have been cheked :)

I would give it a good hour, then if everything seems ok, you can crank it up a bit. You should get it checked out ASAP thou, to avoid any long term damage.

jeff

Thanks again for the help. There is no nasty huming or distortion sounds clean. But the little speakers used for testing a rubish. Is it just the heater voltage i need to get cheked. Would have thought the manufacturers would have set the bias voltage wont thay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.