• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Realistic HK 210/Acrosound Stereo 120 Amp Schmatic/Manual Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Acrosound Stereo 120 is a pair of ULII amps on a single chassis with a single power transformer.

I own one. :D

Originally they used KT-77s iirc. But there have not been any real KT-77s for a long time. I think people are making "new" KT-77 tubes now, but likely a good set of 6CA7/EL34 will do well. The biasing should be as per the tube manual for the given plate voltage... some variation with that is appropriate, assuming you have either a means of measuring the distortion or looking at the waveform with a 'scope.

Of course today you can look up the original output tube specs and compare to what is presently being sold/made and pick one that is closest to the original tube's specs/values.

One of the pots is (iirc) a "balance" pot, and is for making the positive and negative halfs of a sine wave clip at the same point (removing asymmetry).

I actually have a 120 schematic, but it is not scanned, and I am not sure *where* exactly it is, and have no way to scan it at present.

If you search online, you can likely find a copy of the schematic, I would expect.

_-_-bear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.