Should I ??? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2012, 12:03 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Should I ???

There is a Hammond H-100 series organ for sale with a Leslie 610 speaker enclosure. It appears that both have tube amps in them although I don't know which ones. I can get the whole shootin' match for $150 and they are operational. Does anyone know if this might be worthwhile? I am entertaining the idea of parting it out if I buy it.
Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 01:30 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Des it have the Leslie with the rotating horn? That alone would be worth the price, if you are in that kind of vintage technology.

jan
Old 21st October 2012, 05:56 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

For that money i trade you a descent tube amp or irons and tubes for a stereo set.

The 100 has a 2 channel line amp in it and some of the the leslies has a 12au7/6550PP mono amp.

Even if itīs not a B3 organ itīs a shame to scrap a nice instrument like that.
Old 21st October 2012, 09:14 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I've got 3 H100's and I love them as an organ. They have a 3 channel tube amp, a 30 w bass and 2 13 w treble. They have a stereo vibrato effect built in, which is all the rotary speaker I want.
Pity to part them out but I can only collect so many. There is a B3 buried in there but nobody but me wants to dig it out. It has more high and low frequencies than the B3, which purists find annoying. It also has a built in amp and speakers, which leslie snobs find annoying. R&R people don't like playing pedals either, which is a shame because the bass from an H100 will "jiggle yore inards", to quote Mountain Dew. After 71 electrolytic capacitors are replaced. With the "string bass" feature, I have a ball playing bass lines from R&R tracks with my feet. Rhythm guitar, left hand, lead, right hand.
In Europe it would probably draw E1000 but getting one over there is the trick. The best my friend T200 in Finland can find is an E100, with much less bass, no extra highs, and single channel vibrato.

Last edited by indianajo; 21st October 2012 at 09:19 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!