• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

has anyone known about Ming Da amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Of course they can tell you all that, but do you believe it?

Two of my colleagues went to China to instruct a factory there how to build a labour intensive product that we produce for one of our customers. When they arrived over there, there was a shortage on one particular component and they were told "no problem, we'll use some of our own stuff."
OK, you'd say, if the component is of equal quality. We pulled the plug when we found out that they had copied the stamp of the real thing onto theirs...

Thanks! I do have a little doubt about that and I am not a person who can trust anybody easily. But they are already with a history of 21 years. Maybe Ming Da is the factory with the longest history in China. How can they survive after 21 years if their quality is not good as audiophiles' ears are so sharp? Now there are so many brands of valve amplifiers in the world!!

At first, I just liked the sound of my friend's MC34-AB. After I contacted the manufacturer and did many research on the Internet, I believe the manufacturer and have more confidence in their products.

Contacted their seller in USA and the guy told me the truth that Ming Da had never used that "Rudaycon" caps again after they found out! Now there are caps named JINVINA which is another brand for MING DA. The guy said that JINVINA caps are reliable and sound nice.

I don't want to wast my money. But I do believe that MING DA is a good factory among thousands factories, goods or bad, in China. Now China is getting stronger and stronger and I do believe that they will make good things to surprise us.:D

I just do not know how these guys can make something so good looking for the price they do.

Hi Nico, yeah, that MC300-PRE looks elegant and so attrative. I like its simple but very very elegant design. Their onion shaped 6SN7 tubes are so cute. I made some research, there are really not many preamplifiers in the market with 300B. Maybe it is hard to make a preamp with 300B and has to consider many issues about the technical problems.

On their website they offer it for US$1710 plus shipping. I will have to take your word for what it costs in the UK someone is filling his pockets, maybe it is importation taxes, but I think US$1710 dirt cheap.:nod:

Besides it offers all these GREAT features:

The flag ship of Meixing's Series of Preamplifiers with over 3 years work on design development and careful tuning processing time, an absolute Top Class Unit, fully hand-made in Point to Point wiring, with 2x MINGDA Special 6SN7 Onion Shape tubes in cathode amplifier stages, 2x FULL MUSIC 300B in cathode follower amplifier stage and 1x 274B rectification tube. plus 2 x high quality power transformers.
It further adopts highest quality input transformers for balanced input coupling, 4 x massive PHILIPS electrolytic capacitors, Denmark JENSEN high end coupling capacitors for final output stage and so on. The unit comes with remote control function and detachable power cord.
It offers greatest driving power, in highest resolution and transparency with golden silky extension, noble 300B fantasy feelings and great 3-dimensional soundstage with fantastic depth.
:Pinoc:

I wonder what noble 300B fantasy feelings are my pre-amp definitely lacks some of this. However my pre-amp does have a fair amount of golden silky extension.

Thanks, Nico, I notice that they have a UK distributor in their website and I believe that the distributors have to do a lot of job and pay much for the transportation costs and the tax. Tax in UK is a burden. Beside, this is what he can earn. If not, then who wants to be a seller or a distributor if they cannot make money. All the effort will be deserved.:D

One more thing is that they can have warranty in UK if those UK audiophiles buy from UK. MING DA may not fly to UK for just repair an amp!!:D:D

So, 23 posts in and we're still speculating about a tube amplifier - a well established retail product in fact - in the Solid State DIY amplifier forum. If it were a new development worthy of general discussion, there may be some point to this.

Maybe I'm missing something or is this just a case of anything goes?

The impression I get is that this "damonbaker", is using this forum to advertise Ming Da products by posing as a potential buyer asking questions.
OK, one may be enthusiastic about a product and post links to reviews, etc., but all this feels a bit too pushy to me.

I may be wrong, though...

In "Tube" forum we discussed Ming-Da amps, more than once. They made to impress potential buyers by exterior look. As the result, 2 paralleled triodes on too low current, and usage of "Venerable 300B" in regimes for some tiny tubes that would perform better. Problems with open loop linearity, problems with slew rate, as the result typical "Solid state" sound, like in solid state Japanese amps of 1970'th, probably that's why this ad is in the solid state forum. :)

Mingda amps are good for chassis and transformers only (at least, transformers that I saw in monoblocks that repaired) were quite good. But I don't know if chassis and transformers for DIY amp can be justified by cost of such amps.

The impression I get is that this "damonbaker", is using this forum to advertise Ming Da products by posing as a potential buyer asking questions.
OK, one may be enthusiastic about a product and post links to reviews, etc., but all this feels a bit too pushy to me.

If you are wrong or you are right, this thread definitely belong in TUBE Forum or where they SELL stuff.
So, I ask the moderators to move it.

This thread does not belong in Solide State, at all.

If you are wrong or you are right, this thread definitely belong in TUBE Forum or where they SELL stuff.
So, I ask the moderators to move it.

This thread does not belong in Solide State, at all.

It does not matter anymore. Links and keywords provided in this thread are already indexed by Google and other search engines. I often see on this forum how people feed search engines by links as if asking questions here, like "I am going to buy a kit HERE. They suggest to buy transformers for it HERE, but what would you recommend instead?" Something like this, where HERE are links on the site that needs to be indexed by search engines.

He does sound like a shill, doesn't he? Then again, I could be wrong too...

I am sorry that you guys may be wrong. Just like their products too much now. You will not that I am not "shill" after you know about them.

Yeah, when "famous" expensive (overpriced) tubes work on non-linear parts of their curves tube rollers have to be happy: each tube inserted distorts differently! :D

Especially when 2 triodes are paralleled, both working on starwing currents, slight difference in their characteristics cause gross increase of distortions.

Not that unbelivable...

Components can be fake as well , if not using strange or badly
copied brand names...

mingda-19.jpg

ming-da

HAHA that's just the best!

I have a second amplifier because I wanted to start to "play" with the world of valves.
It is a Ming da mc88c which gives kt88 valves mounted. You can work in PP and triode mode.
Directly in PP mode with the original valves is unbearable. Sounds harsh, as if they were various shades trimbres above what it should be.

In triode mode greatly improves fluaido an airy sound with more presence of harmonics but remains an amplifier nothing "fine" or elegant sounding.

I begin testing shortly prior switching valve and the power.
Anyway, the case is not very good quality because the vibration of the transformers (which seem to be not very good too) is amplified by the valves to collect that chassis vibration.

greetings

I have a second amplifier because I wanted to start to "play" with the world of valves.
It is a Ming da mc88c which gives kt88 valves mounted. You can work in PP and triode mode.
Directly in PP mode with the original valves is unbearable. Sounds harsh, as if they were various shades trimbres above what it should be.

In triode mode greatly improves fluaido an airy sound with more presence of harmonics but remains an amplifier nothing "fine" or elegant sounding.

Anyway, the case is not very good quality because the vibration of the transformers (which seem to be not very good too) is amplified by the valves to collect that chassis vibration.

greetings

there was this kt88 pp amp in my workbench, the transformers are cased, the OPT's burned out, examining the opt's revealed that they used irons sized for what you would normally see in an EL84 amp......:mad:

advertised as a tube amp, it uses a solid state phono preamp with a small pcb tucked away unobtrusively underneath the chassis....

ohh... and there was this kt88 classA pp amp that continues to play even when you pull out the rectifier tube in the middle of a music...fantastic, no?

greetings

As I explained you before, the holes for tubes were drilled according to most impressive look, the tubes were selected according to most impressive feel. Thanks to nice transformers I can turn each their amp from a worm to a butterfly, but it will loose possibility to play with tube rolling. Your choice.

Dear Ming-Da developer; I know you read the forum. PM me and we can schedule production of butterflies that will be blamelses (Is this word patented, Doug?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.