• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

has anyone known about Ming Da amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Unbelievable

I just do not know how these guys can make something so good looking for the price they do.

Attachments

• MC-300-PRE-001,w750.jpg
    MC-300-PRE-001,w750.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 659
Well. £3620 is not what I call cheap.
It is very expensive for a preamp. Escpecially when you can build a very good preamp with a couple of opamps :)

On their website they offer it for US$1710 plus shipping. I will have to take your word for what it costs in the UK someone is filling his pockets, maybe it is importation taxes, but I think US$1710 dirt cheap.:nod:

Besides it offers all these GREAT features:

The flag ship of Meixing's Series of Preamplifiers with over 3 years work on design development and careful tuning processing time, an absolute Top Class Unit, fully hand-made in Point to Point wiring, with 2x MINGDA Special 6SN7 Onion Shape tubes in cathode amplifier stages, 2x FULL MUSIC 300B in cathode follower amplifier stage and 1x 274B rectification tube. plus 2 x high quality power transformers.
It further adopts highest quality input transformers for balanced input coupling, 4 x massive PHILIPS electrolytic capacitors, Denmark JENSEN high end coupling capacitors for final output stage and so on. The unit comes with remote control function and detachable power cord.
It offers greatest driving power, in highest resolution and transparency with golden silky extension, noble 300B fantasy feelings and great 3-dimensional soundstage with fantastic depth.
:Pinoc:

I wonder what noble 300B fantasy feelings are my pre-amp definitely lacks some of this. However my pre-amp does have a fair amount of golden silky extension.

Last edited:
Not that unbelivable...

Components can be fake as well , if not using strange or badly
copied brand names...

ming-da

Wahab

If you visit their web-site http://www.meixingaudio.com/english/English/index.html , this announcement appears and it would seem that they also experience a problem with counterfeiting by other Chinese manufacturers. Maybe the one that you illustrate is a counterfeit :D

On the other hand remember that their spelling is not always sharp so here and there a component name may contain an error but nothing to worry about, if it sounds like the name is right it must be right. It is not the quality that is suspect it is the spelling.

Announcement:

In order to benefit from the stringent quality assurance process of our factory and to protect the integrity of our brand, we advise you to purchase only from authorised dealers or directly from our factory if no dealer is located nearby your location. And we are able to manage the logistics of an overseas shipment in a timely and safe fashion.

Please do not buy from EBAY and pay attention especially for the following website, which we confirmed IS NOT our authorized dealers.Cattylink Analog Research

Meixing Ming Da

Last edited:
No doubt that they would gain nothing from deliberatly using dubious
components , that said i m against imports of low tech products
since it destroy the other countries artisanal base.

Moreover , theses products are not cheap at all considering
that there s no more than 100$/unit of work costs , leading
to both Ming Da and retails store to cash as net margin several
time the work cost.
Slavery at its best....

I just do not know how these guys can make something so good looking for the price they do.

Yeah, I got a Chinese friend here and asked him to translate the Chinese magazine of MC300-PRE that Suena who works in MING DA gave me. My friend told me that not many factories can make a good preamplifiers with 300B tubes in China. Besides, their price is so attractive. And the HK chief editor said that this MC300-PRE can be sold at more than USD16,000 as the sound was so nice. Suena offered me USD 2300/pc after some discount and I am happy about this.:)

Well. £3620 is not what I call cheap.
It is very expensive for a preamp. Escpecially when you can build a very good preamp with a couple of opamps :)

I am not good at DIY but I do like the sound of MING DA 34-AB which I experienced in my friend's house. Not many factories who can produce valve preamplfiiers with 300B. And 300B is good for vocal:).

:DI am not from UK and there is no distributor in my country, so I can get a good price. The most important is that I won't get a fake product if I buy directly from the manufacturer.

Not that unbelivable...

Cheap 150$/month workers and average quality for anything else that
the casing wich was of course the most effort demanding.

Components can be fake as well , if not using strange or badly
copied brand names...

mingda-19.jpg

ming-da
Hi Thanks for the picture. I was also surprised and contacted MING DA immediately. MING DA told me that they did not that was not "Rubycon", but "Rudaycon", their spell was so close. They also bought that caps from Chinese market at very expensive price which almost equals genuine"Rudycon".

Maybe Chinese market is good at copying? But Ming Da told me that when they found "Rudaycon" but not "Rubycon", they stopped using them immediately and never used them again. They don't have special workers to work on the Internet to promote their products. The "Rudaycon" was found out by their USA authorized seller about two years ago and MING DA appreciated this. Now if the factory would like to use the foreign brand capacitors, they no longer buy from Chinese market but directly imported from abroad. Their Jensen caps and Mundorf caps and OEP transformers were all directly imported from Denmark, Germany and UK separately.

I totally believe their products quality after I did some research on the Internet. There are not many negative reviews or posts, but there are many positive ones.

I saw the circuitry and the inside picture of MING DA MC300-PRE. They were all handicrafted except a small IC board which is just for the remote control.

I was just attractive by its MC300-PRE preamp. I did listen to the MC34-AB integrated amp. But what I want is a preamp, not integrated amp!! But their MC34-AB is also very good in some reviews. If you guys are interested, I can send the link. :D

Of course they can tell you all that, but do you believe it?

Two of my colleagues went to China to instruct a factory there how to build a labour intensive product that we produce for one of our customers. When they arrived over there, there was a shortage on one particular component and they were told "no problem, we'll use some of our own stuff."
OK, you'd say, if the component is of equal quality. We pulled the plug when we found out that they had copied the stamp of the real thing onto theirs...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.