• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

My Mighty Midget

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I've finally finished my Mighty Midget. Picts below. Thanks to Pete Millett for a great first project PCB and instruction.

Tom

Attachments

• Mighty Midget.jpg
    Mighty Midget.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 496
  • Frontside.jpg
    Frontside.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 459
  • Backside.jpg
    Backside.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Thanks. It was really a learning experience, as far as the chassis work goes. There are a couple of things I would definitely do different if I did it again. I'm still not sure about the volume knob and I want to add a piece of brass to the top, around the tube sockets, just to clean them up. I think the sound is really good. It's my first tube amp so I have nothing to compare it to. I'm just going to listen for a while, to the music I'm used to, and get a feel for it. The PCB is Pete Millet's and it went together really well, with a very good BOM. I guess the pcb is intended for beginners, which I am, and I think if you bought the transformer and choke package from Edcor and the case from Front Panel Express, you would have no problems. All in all a really fun amp.

Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.