• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help ID tubes Plz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just bought these 2 6v6 supposedly Raytheons with one being labeled as meck the question is are they real Raytheons??? Some help with this ID would be much appreciated

Attachments

• Raytheon.jpg
    Raytheon.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 111
waiting on these to get shipped to me there was picture of the opposite sides and I looked pretty hard for date codes didn't see any and seller said nothing about date codes, about all he said was 1 at 90% and other at 95% and are closely matched they were a really good deal price wise so I took gamble and bought em lol

That's true they did make a ton f them I'm almost starting to to think they could be possible GEs or ken-rads early to mid 50s the meck 1 on the left that plate looks very very similar to the GE black glass black/silver shiny plate and the ge and ken-rads are only 1s ive seen with round mica spacers like that everything else has square/rectangle. wish i could see some top pictures but its more then likely bottom getters you never know wtf your gonna get with 6v6 tubes everybody relabeled and sold **** to each other lol. for example really watch out for them Westinghouse **** they bought and relabeled all kinda Russian and Chinese variants

I'm a fairly young guy so all this stuff is way before my time period no offense to you older guys you guys got to experience this stuff first hand so yall are just awesome :) I really like 6v6 tubes Though they have that wonderful open sound and sweet singing top end to them I really like. They remind me of a miniature EL34 in some ways. They both can really get that kick *** dirty saturated crunch I like and harmonic content is just amazing very 3D open sound. I never cared much for a straight up 6l6 or 6l6gc or the variants huge bass but mids were way too scooped and highs just kinda dull/reduced highs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.