Modding Aikido to non-Aikido such as SRPP? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd September 2012, 11:09 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Modding Aikido to non-Aikido such as SRPP?

Hi there,

I planned Aikido (6SN7) preamp long time ago, and collected many good parts: dual mono power supplies (DC heater, CLC HV), stepped attenuator volume, relay selector board, very nice chassis, etc.

I finally had some time during this Summer and finished it, but with big disappointment. There's hum, and it increases as I turn the volume. I have much experience with many different types of analog electronics, I have read almost all threads related to removing hum of Aikido, but I am now out of my patience now.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone can suggest me a spot-on tip to remove hum from Aikido which increases as the volume turned.
But I would also like to ask if there has been anyone converted Aikido (6SN7) to other pre circuit such as SRPP. I have 300V B+ and 6V heater. I wouldn't mind using only one 6SN7 per channel.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Hide this!Advertise here!