• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

DN2540 plate load.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought some DN2540 mosfet's on Ebay but i haven't seen this print before, are these fake? :confused:

Attachments

• dn2540 ebay.jpg
    dn2540 ebay.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 539
Difficult to say from the outside. And looking at the inside may answer the question, but renders the answer useless.

Maybe a simple test setup which is able to drive them closely to the borders of the SOA, if the don't fail quite soon, they're probably not fake. Don't forget to mount them on a heatsink for stress tests.

Greetings,
Andreas

Many European hobbyists solely use their bank account for payments while American suppliers just accept credit cards. As it seems the situation for Europeans is changing because it's possible to make a payment to Mouser via a bank in Germany, I found out a couple of months ago. Until then I had the same problem with US parts which are hardly stocked by local wholesalers (which don't sell to private persons). There's your problem ;)

Hello Rod,

I measur around 9,5 Mohm :confused:

Sad to say, that sounds like a relabelled bipolar transistor, or enhancement-FET.

You can try it in a CCS connexion - but my guess is that it will give a current of zero, if it is the fake we suspect it to be.

Yes, in Europe, Mouser is the only practical access to any kind of franchised supply of any depletion-FET, but this works only for GBP 50 orders (in the UK) - or you pay high shipping costs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.