• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help with opera consonance M100plus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys I'm looking for some help. I have just started to take an interest in hifi after many years so I purchased a M100plus amp and hooked it up with my rega apollo cd player all went fine. I retreived my old rega planar 2 turntable from the attic and plugged in, there is some sound but it sounds as if it's not amplified. Do I need to buy a pre amp and if so can you recommend one. The turntable is original more than 20 years old. Any help will be greatly received it would be nice to listen to some old vinyl.

You need a phono stage that amplifies and equalizes the analog output from the cartridge. When vinyl masters are cut, frequencies below 1 KHz are attenuated. The phono preamp's RIAA equalization boosts the lows and attenuates the highs to recreate the original analog signal. The output is amplified to a level equivalent to other audio sources such as CD or FM radio.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.