• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Mystery Valve ID

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would be most grateful for a little sage advice and assistance in identifying this mystery (to me) valve that I picked up somewhere along the line and had filed away in the :boggled: box .

It has been opined that it might be a 12AX7 variant however I remain a little skeptical of this advice !

We have ~ No markings , Chrome box anodes with an additional plate screen running between said anodes , this extra plate also sports ] shaped stabilizer attached to both edges . the additional plate and box anode's are pin attached to a third clear mica ? plate in between the usual top mica and the getter

Said getter , which is a square of foil with a central dish shaped indentation , is supported by a pair of posts .

Possibly a number 2 in the glass between the pins tho rather indistinct unfortunately .

Eastern European production perhaps ? I am fairly sure that this it is not a Tungsram tho .

IMGDEAD]

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.