• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Looking for tube design software.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
NotInTheMafia said:
I was wondering if anyone would be able to send me a copy, or point me to a download page for tube amp design software like TubeCad.

Thanks

Go to AES and type tubecad into the search engine $US77 for Tubecad and SE Amp cad. Only place you can buy it.
Don't bludge free copies of it as John has been really generous with his knowledge and it's cheap and simple to use.

You can get the free PS designer from www.duncanamps.com

Buy it Yourself

I have both the Tube Cad and SEamp Cad and both are excellent.
They are good for experienced folk and great learning tools too and the learning curve is way below the effort to learn pspice.

Broskie is a great resource and does so much for FREE!

I hope no one sends this guy a knock-off.

Spend a few bucks and support the cause.

If you were asking strictly for stuff "like" Tubecad and not a freebee I apologize in advance.

Cheers
Craig Ryder

Hi,

Tried several design packages. The only one really useful that remains is the good old PSpice. Working student versions are freely available on the net as well as PSpice tube models. I am myself quite happy with MicroCap 7. But it takes some time to get used to it AND you need to understand what is going on in an electronic circuit.

Note that such packages can be very useful at the design stage but they are never the real thing!

Cheers ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.