• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

help, Built from scratch Kalamazoo 2 noise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My first tube amp build from complete scratch is a Kalamazoo 2. I picked it only because it seemed to be simple enough while still having tremolo.
the problem: a foggy ground hum (as I expected)
a screech
I used a star ground method and hit every point so I think I'm stuck with the hum. The screech though, it appears at 3/10 on the volume pot and increase in volume as I turn it up. The tone pot does eliminate it tho, if I turn the Tone down it subsides with only implied buzzing (kinda hard to explain)
I have replaced the tubes, checked all soldering/wiring, temporarily lifting the ground, and even temporarily bypassing the rectifier tube with diodes (last resort). nothing effects the screech except that tone knob.
If you could give me a clue, I'd appreciate it. If I can give you more info to help I'll post it. Thank you for your time.
Here is a link to the schem and info on it.

Kalamazoo Amp Field Guide (frames)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.