• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

help me identify some vintage tubes // need suggestions for possible applications!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey

just got home from an old antique store in town, and the old lady working there gave me a case full of old tubes.

i dont know if some of them are functional (if any at all!) but i'd love to hear if you are familiar with some of them, and what kind of project i could make with it...

here is a picture of them, and a list of their part numbers (i put in question marks when i couldnt read the label....)

UYrNt.jpg

RCA ??
PHILIPS MINIWATT EZ40
VALVO PCL 85
VALVO PCL 85
PHILIPS MINIWATT E???9
ZAERIX DY802
??
VALVO EF183
VALVO ECH84
TELEFUNKEN ?CL84
??EF80
VALVO EF183
RAYTHEON ??
ULTRON PCG E58

i would be interested in making, lets say... a tremolo pedal... maybe a tube drive... or just a very nice amp, for reamping stuff through different cabinets.

tell me what you think!
best,
d

First one is a DL94 substitute i guess, 1.2V battery tube whit CT fillament

the second ? is a ECL85/pcl85 likely the last

The unidentified EF80 is a philips.

Its all standard radio stuff . the DL94 might be €2-3 if its good the rest is pretty much to common the EZ40 might be €5 if good but it looks worn..

russian tubes of Ebay cost €1,20 a peice new in box so you can build around a design instead of a tube. 6n1p 6n2p 6n3p are good

cheers,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.