• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

mosfet source follower output stage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I, for one, would like to know more about an FET source follower driving 6GK6 (actually 10GK6) output tubes using the triode of a 6GH8 in a cathodyne configuration. Is this worthwhile?

i have used the 6GK6 in a classA pushpull amp in a circuit intended for the 6BQ5, and i can definitely say that the 6GK6 had nothing to be shy about....:D

a 6GH8 with the pentode operated as triode and concertina is a good setup, although in my amp i used a 12AT7....

cool... I'm working on a push pull with LED cathode bias for both the driver and the power tubes (not the concertina) ala syclotron.

I'm still interested in whether an FET cathode follower would be beneficial for the contertina drive section.

I sourced high current LEDs for the power tube section...I think I've found the right ones. Will do testing.

The plan is to reduce the LED count down to about 9 per power tube section as opposed to 42 as used in the syclotron.

I should have them tomorrow.. we'll see what happens.

Thanks,

Scott

i have used the 6GK6 in a classA pushpull amp in a circuit intended for the 6BQ5, and i can definitely say that the 6GK6 had nothing to be shy about....:D

a 6GH8 with the pentode operated as triode and concertina is a good setup, although in my amp i used a 12AT7....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.