• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

humbucking filter choke - how different?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
wouldn't tapping ripple and purposefully introducing it later in the circuit act like a sort of "feedforward loop". nothing inherently wrong in that, but as a beginner, i'd like to keep it simple.

that auction just ended, ..but if you think it might not be a bad idea, please explain and i will keep my eyes open next time.

BTW, .. this is for the 6sn7 pre-amp you helped me get working sometime ago. works well, .. and i have built in a 6bq5 SE amp too, but the thing hums, ..

what kind of current capability should i look for in a choke for this arrangement

thanks

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

never mind, a web search turns up that a hum bucking choke taps a bit of the voltage and feeds it out of phase to the output sde, hence cancelling PS ripple.

Nothing's ever perfect, but that's how it works.

BTW, .. this is for the 6sn7 pre-amp you helped me get working sometime ago. works well, .. and i have built in a 6bq5 SE amp too, but the thing hums, ..

I remember that. Hum is usually always induced by bad lay out...maybe we can solve that too?

what kind of current capability should i look for in a choke for this arrangement

What's the current going through the circuit?

Cheers,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.