Yaqin MS-22b Phono Amp - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th January 2013, 10:45 PM   #51
diyAudio Member

Hi all

Not sure if you're aware but there is a nice explanation on all these mods and more on the Yaqin Facebook page.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 2nd February 2013, 04:25 AM   #52
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karhu View Post
Hi SDIESEL77

And the result
Itīs just awesome!!!!
However I still have the original china 12ax7 vacuum tubes attached.
Any recommendations to better ones.
Iīm mostly listening to heavy & death metal, so some which can handle the fast changing dynamics.

Also fixed the humming, itīs still there when you crank up the volume to 2/3 when music itīs not on. Is yours completely gone at max volume from main-amp?
By awesome, is it warmer, more transparent, better depth ??? I'm about to dive in but would like to hear some results...thanks!
Old 2nd February 2013, 04:46 AM   #53
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDIESEL77 View Post
I've created a video people who wanna try these mods:
YAQIN MS-22B MOD / CUSTOMISATION - YouTube
Nice VID thanks for the tips..I'm in. I can tell by the sound of this MS I just got today it has potential. Mine doesn't have any hum itself but my Denon SUT does if I'm not careful how it's placed. Here we go
Old 2nd February 2013, 05:02 AM   #54
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantacrazy View Post
you need replace every component with better quality
bye!

HA-HA that's just the best...from the inventor ( if it is) replace everything with better quality...gotta love honesty!
Old 2nd February 2013, 07:39 AM   #55
diyAudio Member

I would say the level of dynamics well defined bass and details have increased, dont know about transparency for me it's a weird word when it comes to music, what does it really mean in that?

What kind of caps are you planning to use for the replacements?
Old 2nd February 2013, 06:14 PM   #56
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I would say the level of dynamics well defined bass and details have increased, dont know about transparency for me it's a weird word when it comes to music, what does it really mean in that?

What kind of caps are you planning to use for the replacements?
Clarity Caps, I've used them on a few preamps and they are very transparent and open, and by that I mean not veiled in any way. For the money I find they are hard to beat.
Here's what I did with the ground and the little bit of hum it had with my SUT is completely gone now

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 2nd February 2013, 06:51 PM   #57
diyAudio Member

Ok which clarity caps are you using, and how have you done the hum thing, I'd it a cap soldered between the two ground wires and which have you used?
Old 2nd February 2013, 07:39 PM   #58
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Ok which clarity caps are you using, and how have you done the hum thing, I'd it a cap soldered between the two ground wires and which have you used?

These are what I use: ClarityCap ESA Series Film Capacitor

The cap in my pic is .1u
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:10 PM   #59
diyAudio Member

Default mixed caps

Ok so you have just placed one .1 uf cap between the two groundcables and the helps?nice

When you are using the ClarityCap ESA Series Film Capacitor are you planning on using 4 of the same.

I was thinking of maybe mixing two sets of capacitors eg the ESA and the MR Clarity caps so you have a set of two different ones per channel, any idea what that will do, i was thinking it would give a mix of different quialities as long as they are both 1.0 uF, but would that be a mess or just not work or contribute to anything?
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:36 PM   #60
diyAudio Member

Default clarity caps

which do you use btw 250 or 630 vdc.
And does it make a difference soundwise which one of these you use?

Hide this!Advertise here!