• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Hybrid power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I made this hybrid power amp,i am very happy about it.I will test it very soon.

Attachments

• Hibridpoweramp.jpg
    Hibridpoweramp.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 383
OK, but electronic design isn't to pick some rare circuits, put them in a blender and see what is that come from it. Sometimes it needs lots of time planning DC points, AC analysis, impedance matching, noise issues, phase rotation inside the amp, etc. Sims must be done with some previous knowledge.

Several time ago, a university professor told us a great true: no matter what a tester do you have, if you don't know how to measure a voltage, and knowing what you expect to measure, the reading from the display is meaningless.

In synthesis, you must know what are you doing.

I am not totaly paralel to electronic ,when i finalize a schematic i wil test every branch that a tranzistor is atached or something elese so that somethink doesn blow up ,this mean aceptable soa for transistors,watage for rezistors ,compensation so that the amp whont oscilate,and ofcourse the gain wich needs to be just right i like 1,7V signal for clip 1,5V for maximum power whithout clip,if increase the amplification factor to much the thd could grow picose the negative feedback would get unbalanced for me the apropiate value is between 27x-39x.And i admit somethink i at tubes im not so good at the thing is i can make shematic with tubes but the chances are it would sound completly horable i mean i don,t know how transformer the rezistors RC RA should be,it involves complicate matematical relashionsips wich i am not so good at.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.