• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

PTP kits available?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm ready to start planning my 1st Audio build. I don't need/want much power so I'm thinking of a very basic driver + SE output for each channel. All of my experience has been designing/building/repairing/modifying guitar amps. I'd like to use 6v6 tubes for the outputs and 12ax7 (or maybe 12at7) for driving. This is because I have several of those tubes. Hopefully these are not disqualifying tubes.

It's more about experimenting and learning for me rather than using "the proven best approach." I used PTP for my 2 homebrew guitar amps and any other approach would have curtailed the unplanned options and progress.

I'd like to check out kits whether or not I end up going that way for the foundation. Are there any PTP kits being sold for such a basic setup? I know I can buy a PCB kit and run PTP but I'm wondering if the layout (and chassis mounted sockets, etc) have already been designed/kitted so I can start from something that exists.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.