• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Marantz Model 9

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,

I've been toying with the idea of building a pair of Model 9 monoblocks. And the output transformers seem to be a real stumbling block. From my research I've found for 8 ohms out they see a 3000 ohm PP. And if I'm not mistaken I think I remember seeing a 22% ultralinear screen tap. Obviously forget about the tertiary feedback windings. But has anyone seen such a transformer readily available?

I looked at Luhndal, Hammond, and Edcor. I was intending to use Plitrons but was warned against torroidal outputs. I have yet to talk to Heyboer, they seem to close right after lunch!

I think these may need to be custom? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Kevin. I completely forgot about Electra-print. I also forgot that I once asked Heyboer about Dynaco A451's which might work. 2200ohms but maybe a little massive. Heyboer quoted me $235 each which seems very reasonable. I'll contact Jack right away.

Hello everyone,

I've been toying with the idea of building a pair of Model 9 monoblocks. And the output transformers seem to be a real stumbling block. From my research I've found for 8 ohms out they see a 3000 ohm PP. And if I'm not mistaken I think I remember seeing a 22% ultralinear screen tap. Obviously forget about the tertiary feedback windings. But has anyone seen such a transformer readily available?

I looked at Luhndal, Hammond, and Edcor. I was intending to use Plitrons but was warned against torroidal outputs. I have yet to talk to Heyboer, they seem to close right after lunch!

I think these may need to be custom? Any help would be appreciated

I'm using Tamura F-2010 SERIES
(Bilirite Series)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.