• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Any suggestion for a 12AT7 / ECC81 SRPP powerstage ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I need some advice from guys who actually use a 12AT7 / ECC81 "SRPP" stage ( or rather "CCS" stage if you bypass the lower rk with a capacitor ) to drive power tubes eg. 2A3, 300B or beampower pentodes strapped as triodes.

I have some trouble finding suitable formulas in order to calculate the catode resistors. (valvewizzard´s homepage seems to be broken or at least the guy has used all his traffic..)

Best regards,

George

the right point dynamically? Osvaldo, your usual good English seems to have temporarily deserted you - is it too early in the morning for you? :cool:

Ja, ja ja, perhaps, may be... I wanted to mean, to use a pot of a suitable value, and wattage, and adjust the stage bias with an audio signal and oscilloscope, and adjust the pot to the object searched, say, maximum output swing, minimum distortion at the same time you rotate the pot. It is not so engineering way, but still work best way for me.

If you would know what is my job actually....

Just creative spelling of 'right' and 'dynamical'! 'Wright' is an old name, rarely used today, for someone who makes something.

Are you an English teacher? That would explain your desire to learn from your mistakes.
Ah, OK. No, a neglect typo.

Teacher, I? Nah!!!. I read and understand English (in fact only tech English), but I don´t speak nor ear. If very slowly speaking, I can understand some words. I´m of the rare specimen that can learn from my mistakes.

OK. Your English is very good, for someone who does not actually speak it.

OK, thanks for your comments about me. My mother always told me that I try to join with people better than I and not worse, so I´m here. And an old English teacher also told that the best way to understand a language is reading. And only can speak English when I can think in English. Several years later I agree with her.

But, sometimes happens to me that the brain goes faster that my hands in the keyboard, so I do some typos.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.