• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Will this ebay cover fit my Scott 272 integrated amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry the ad doesn't contain alot of info but I have asked him for more. I will post whatever he answers.

However while I wait, I was hoping someone here knew more about Scott 272 covers than I do (I've never seen one, but I do have the amp).

THANKS for any help you can provide!! (of course I need an answer quick as the auction is going to end soon)

VINTAGE SCOTT TOP COVER FOR SCOTT INTEGRATED TUBE AMPLIFIER | eBay

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Try here for some additional information: HHScott Vacuum Tubes -- Collectors' Corner, Technical Restoration Advice
It appears that the associated forum is dead and gone, the last updates here were around 2004, but there is a lot of information available there.

I used to service a lot of vintage Scott gear in the 1980s and 1990s, but no longer remember a whole lot of detail. I suspect the 272 will not fit a case for a 299..

In addition when installed in a case these amplifiers run extremely hot and it is probably kinder to the amplifier not to run it in a case at all, and they do look cool.

Hopefully yours has been thoroughly gone through, and critical coupling caps and supply electrolytics replaced.

You guys are Awesome!

I knew this was the right place to ask my question.

Guess it means I won't be buying that cover, but given the comments maybe it was a good idea not to (heat).

I do want to put a cover over it - originally I was thinking about reusing the walnut that the big record storage, etc. cab that it came in. Beautiful wood, but I only want something to make the actual amp look "finnished".

So how big a problem will heat be if I put it in a case, and is there any suggestions for reducing heat (I don't want a fan in it). I see lots of cases with big screened areas over the tubes. That's the design I was planing to use, but are you saying that even that will reduce air flow too much?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.