• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audioromy in Shanghai ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I visited ShangHai more than 20 times for this 5 years
for business trips. I visited a famous retail shop town
named BAOSHANG Road in ShangHai. I introduced a
shop which is an agent of XiangSheng Electronics which
is a famous brand among tube amps in China.
Please refer to my blog below which shows this shop
(sorry written in Japanese).

�^‹óŠÇƒAƒ“ƒv‰®�—�ãŠC JA2DHC/JA1CTY‚̃uƒ�ƒO/ƒEƒFƒuƒŠƒuƒ�ƒO

In this town, there are more than 10shops who are selling tube amps
but I am not sure whether Audioromy's exists or does not.

The location of this town (building) is as follows:

North Latitude 31.254152 / East longitude121.482273

Mailing Address: 506, Qiu Jiang Lu, Hong Kou Qu, Shanghai
Name of Building: Saiga Electronics Market, 3F
How to get there: Get off at BAOSHANG Road Station of
Subway #3 line (or #4 line). then walk to
east direction along with rail road
by about 5 minutes.

'73 de JA1CTY & JA2DHC/1 Kazuo Ohashi

Hi there,
Not sure on the Audioromy suppliers in Shanghai, most are in Guangdong / Guangzhou. As for the market, yes I can recommend Baoshan Lu as a place definitely worth a visit. Depending on where you stay in Shanghai you can also take metro line 10 to Sichuan Bei Lu, and it is a little walk north from there. I'll try and pop up this weekend and have a look, there may be a place on the 3rd floor that stocks Audioromy from memory.
As for the Audio Show, not sure, I know there is a big Pro Audio event second week in Oct.
Will let you know...

electronics store

Went to the market today. I took a cab as it was quite close to my hotel and time was limited for me. In any case if one takes the subway , upon exiting you will see a Kentucky Fried chicken , and from there a 5-10 min walk along a pedestrian/ bicycle filled road with lots of people selling their stuff on the sidewalk. The building seems like a three story buliding occupying one block. Elevators to the third floor where "audio devices" are. Lots of small shops , not very neat. I did ask about the audioremy amplifiers , language was a barrier, nevertheless I did not see any in the stores that I visited.There was one store in particular that sold used tubes but was closedf. The place is a haven for vintage stuff.

Went to the market today. upon exiting you will see a Kentucky Fried chicken

Very near to Kentucky Fried chicken, there is a shopping street (narrow
street) where there are many small shops for PC, misc goods and
tube amp components. I remember two shops are selling tube components
in the street. I bought ceramic sockets of VT-4C and vintage capacitors.

Hello,
Back from Shanghai today, we had a very pleasant holiday, very hot temp ...but no Audioromy in the luggage. I saw the KFC, some vintage components sellers, some vacuum tube amps , but none of the sellers knew that brand :( Everywhere computers, memorys, hard disks and computing stuff .... :scratch: i'll find one on fleapay ?! regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.