• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

High-End Tube preamp with ECC88

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow, I'm amazed that Elektor would publish a circuit with that many faults.
It could just be from somewhere else, but the symbols and schematic style are pretty much what they use - I've never seen it anywhere else. To be honest, though, I never rated them for their valve based designs. They have often chosen less than ideal operating points for valves in small signal stages in my opinion.

Acrobat Reader tells me that was drawn using CorelDraw in the evening of 2 July 2012. It appears to be identical to the one provided by 'formula 22' (the OP) in the first post of this thread. He and Gost22 seem to find their circuits from the same places, and make similar claims about them.

I note that formula 22 seemed to stop posting on DIYaudio in late August 2012. Gost22 started in September 2012.

If it's the one from post 210, those aren't Elektor symbols. By the mish-mash of symbols it appears to have been created by cutting and pasting various circuit blocks from different sources.
No - I was refering to the one in post 227. Sorry if I was not clear.

Acrobat tells the same story as for the one in post 210, however - ex Corel Draw, so it's anybody's guess. Certainly it could still be a cut and past job, but the resistors, valves and labelling are very much in the Elektor style.

wow, what a strange thread. Why does the poster have to post something exotic to be of interest ? and who cares if the 26 pre-amp thread is over-rated, it's like the crowd always follows...

I don't see why you can't make a really nice pre-amp with the ECC88 and base it on well known proven topologies. The devil is in the details and the resulting sound can change a lot depending on the choice of operating points, quality of power supply, layout etc. I'd be interested to learn more about these things - how to design a really good pre, basic stuff and all that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.