ALERT! WARNING! J. SOUND LAB 300b - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 2nd July 2012, 09:29 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Exclamation ALERT! WARNING! J. SOUND LAB 300b

ALERT! WARNING! J. SOUND LAB 300b

Without prejudice

300b Custom amplifier ordered and not delivered!

Over 5 weeks ago I ordered a custom built 300b valve amplifier from J. Sound Lab of Israel. I spoke by email with Vadim Girshin regularly as regards to the amplifier's specification. We agreed that I would pay $1000 up front and the balance on completion which would be 4-5 weeks (+/- one week). Vadim agreed to also to email images of the amplifier showing the chassis material, colour, specific capacitors, number of inputs and electrical socket location when it was ready for dispatch.
5 weeks came and went, I got concerned and using a different browser (I thought I had done my homework before ordering), than before conducted a bit more of a search using different key words and found 2-3 customers who had ordered an amplifier from J. Sound Lab and not received it. I email Vadim with this information, voiced my concerns and asked how my amp was coming along. I was told there was a "problem" with the transformers.
Taking a different approach I found that specific parts for my amp had been dispatched a few weeks earlier. A few more days went by; I contacted Vadim Girshin to ask who my amp was coming along. I was told by Vadim that his Brother Edward had been ill in hospital but was being discharged and Vadim would have a progress report for me on the following Monday (2 days later). Monday and Tuesday came and went. No progress update and no reply to my email or any email that I have sent to date.
I sent an email which is pretty clear and again no response. I have not much time to spend these days and money dose not come easy for many of us. I thought the price of the amp was reasonable especially for a custom build balancing that off against my time, earnings and lack of experience with electronics. Looks like I will just have to build it myself some day. I also found out that Paypal will not refund you after 45 days which is about 4-5 (+/- one week) with ignoring emails. Thankfully my credit card company insurance will refund me my money.
Please read the email below to Vadim Girshin of J. Sound Lab. I would be pleased that once you have read this post to please copy and paste it to as many forums as possible as I feel it is very important that we get my experience out in the open for all to learn from.
I have contacted the Bat-Yam Ploice Station and all of the other 4 points if you will help.

Subject: Richard 300b custom- I would read this carefully if I were you...
Date: 21 June 2012 17:53

Without Prejudice.

Hello Vadim,
To date I have kindly emailed you 5 times asking for a status report regarding the progress of my amplifier. I have even phoned the contact number listed on your web site and left a message. I note that since then your contact number and email has vanished from your website. I would have just appreciated a response.
I find the lack of a response rude, unprofessional and it is not a good way to conduct business. I feel it is now time to take things to the next level.

I ask you to do one of the following...

1- Respond to my emails with a progress report on my amplifier with images to back up the report and a delivery date that you can actually achieve.

2- Issue me with a full refund and return my 4 capacitors.

3- Prove to me that my amplifier is ready for dispatch with images to show the quality of the work, paying attention to the chassis configuration, colour, wiring, power socket and input locations.

If you do not do one of the above, I will be forced to undertake all of the following actions...

1- Without prejudice I will contact Paypal and open a dispute, I will send Paypal all of our emails and our agreement. I will without prejudice tell Paypal what has happened to me and I will also send them all the other posts and negative eBay feedback that I have found.

2- Without prejudice I will contact eBay and send all of our emails and our agreement. Without prejudice I will tell eBay what has happened to me and I will also send them all the other posts and negative eBay feedback that I have found.

3- Without prejudice I will contact your local Police Stations telling them what has happened. I will send all of our email and all the information I have found on the net and your eBay feedback. I will leave it to the Police to decide if there is a case for prosecution as regards to fraud.

4- Without prejudice I will contact the British Embassy and tell them that I have contacted your local Police Stations and send them all the emails and information I have found on the net and my Communications with your local Police.

5- Without prejudice I will join and post on every English Speaking hifi/DIY hifi forum all of our emails, all the net based information/eBay feedback, I will also post that I have contacted your local Police Station and the British Embassy. Without prejudice I will ask all that read my post to copy and paste the posting on all the other forums that they happen to belong to also. I will ask all that read the posts to help to make it go Viral so that everyone can read what has happened. I think it is important that we get this out into the open; warts and all.

On a personal note, I am saddened that I have been forced to this point, you have messed with the wrong person here and now I am very annoyed. Be under no illusion, I will make it my purpose for as many months as it takes to bring my experience to light with as many people as possible. I am no stranger to hardship or seemingly difficult tasks. Having single handily cared for my late Mother for over 6 months while she succumbed to terminal cancer; so dealing with you in the correct manner is going to be a walk in the park.

I encourage you now to do the right thing.

Sincerely

Richard.

Last edited by bottletop; 2nd July 2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: incorrect currency denotation.

Old 2nd July 2012, 09:38 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Here is the info that I found no the net regarding J. Sound Lab

Hello,
I have paid and ordered J. Sound Lab JSL-2A3 SE MkII amlifier in January 2012 (http://www.jsoundlab...a3-mk2-tube-amp), but it is still not ready and not shipped yet. So be careful!
The manufacturer (Edward Girshin) respond to my messages is extremely rare! Also detains term of sending of the amplifier again and again! Only promises!
I'll keep you posted if the situation changes.

Regards,
Maxim
Click the image to open in full size.
postmaxView Public ProfileFind all posts by postmax
Click the image to open in full size. 06-06-12, 10:05 AM
postmax Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by postmax; 06-06-12 at 10:07 AM. Reason: error

• <LI class=post-username>maksx83 <LI class=post-trader-feedback>Trader Feedback: 0 <LI id=yui_3_4_1_1_1340295666218_344>Click the image to open in full size. <LI class=bannedBadge-182355>
J.Sound Lab - swindlers! They are deceived me! No answer, no amplifier, no money refund!
Be careful with this "company" from Israel!

Old 2nd July 2012, 10:29 AM   #3
godfrey is offline godfrey  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletop View Post
I note that since then your contact number and email has vanished from your website.
whois to the rescue:
Quote:
Administrative Contact:
Girshin, Vadim v7znay@gmail.com
J. Sound Lab
Yoseftal 47B/21
Bat-Yam, Gush Dan 59506
Israel
+972.0542064998

Technical Contact:
Girshin, Vadim v7znay@gmail.com
J. Sound Lab
Yoseftal 47B/21
Bat-Yam, Gush Dan 59506
Israel
+972.0542064998
Hmm... The website says "The company was founded by two brothers Edward and Michael Girshin", so I wonder who Vadim is - father / brother / uncle / other? Maybe it's worth contacting him (politely) to see if he can shed any light on the situation.

Old 2nd July 2012, 10:58 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi Whois, thank you for your reply. Vadim was the person who I was corresponding with via the J. Sound Lab web site contact form/link. I have emailed J.sound Lab very politely with increasing firmness 5 times already with no response. I have been nothing but polite and respectful throughout. I have offered my well wishes to the ill Brother. I could not have been more polite or patient. I even was nice enough to say what I will do if I do not get a response, which was long after the delivery time came and went (several weeks ago). I have been so kind as to email Vadim a few minuets ago using the details kindly provided by your self to let them know that I will be contacting the Bat-Yam Police Station tomorrow not unless I receive a refund. I am afraid it is too late. Chance after chance has been given along with benefit of the doubt. I did say that once the ball starts to roll...

Old 2nd July 2012, 11:40 AM   #5
Nikitas is offline Nikitas  Greece
diyAudio Member

In the contact us page there is no info!!

Old 2nd July 2012, 11:44 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I know, the contact information "vanished" after I phoned Vadim up and left a polite message asking for a status update regarding my amplifier. I did try to phone again after I noticed the contact information had "vanished" and found the contact phone number to be no longer working. Here is what I kept on file "just in case"...

Interesting to note that the adress details are different from the post above.

J. Sound Lab
Danin 20B/14
Bat-Yam 59487
Israel

Phone: +972 0542064998

info@jsoundlab.com
J. Sound Lab - Tube Amplifiers

Last edited by bottletop; 2nd July 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Old 2nd July 2012, 12:00 PM   #7
diyAudio Moderator

Richard, I appreciate and understand your position, but we have a policy on diyA of not letting external disputes carry over to our forums, so I'm closing this thread. If matters come to a satisfactory conclusion please pm me or one of the other mods and we'll reopen the thread for you to post that, (or if Jsoundlab wishes to have a public reply the same procedure should be followed).

I hope a reasonable conclusion for all can be reached.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!