diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubes / Valves (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/)
-   -   Source of IXYS 10m45s and other CCS devices (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/215268-source-ixys-10m45s-other-ccs-devices.html)

Alexontherocks 28th June 2012 07:47 AM

Source of IXYS 10m45s and other CCS devices

Just wanted to create a thread to collect all the sources for IC devices designeed (or used) to provide a CCS

An in depth article by audioexpress on CCS designs is attached to this message.

CCS AudioXpress 2007

Unfortunately some IXYS parts are unavailable for retail consumers in Europe so this is my contribution

10pcs IXCP10M45S Switchable Current Regulators ORIGINAL | eBay

hopefully these are NOT fakes.

If anyone has links to these parts which are available in every country please post!

aardvarkash10 28th June 2012 08:08 AM

great idea - anyone who can source for us down here in New Zealand would be good too...

Alexontherocks 28th June 2012 08:27 AM

well the seller ships anywhere in the world....the real question is if we can trust that the devices are infact original IXYS parts.

lowtherdream 28th June 2012 08:28 AM

There are Italian distributors for IXYS. They do not have it in stock, but the minimum order is 1.
Cerca risultato per:*10m45s* - Future Electronics

Digikey Italia has it in stock, but more expensive
Circuiti integrati (CI) | PMIC - Regolazione/gestione corrente | DigiKey

Check on the IXYS site for more options.

Alexontherocks 28th June 2012 08:40 AM

now this is embarassing. I checked some time ago and no one sold the part. I will ask but in Italy you can onyl purchase on some sites if you are a professional, not a retail client.

lowtherdream 28th June 2012 01:09 PM

Don't worry... I was curious to find the info since I am in Italy for vacation. I knew that Mouser, Newark(Farnell) and Digikey have the 10M45S in Canada and the States. If their policy is the same around the world, they will ship to anyone. Just be careful with the shipping charges.
I am staying with relatives near Florence. I am planning to visit Florence, Pisa, Siena, Venice, Rome... and let's see how much time we have left afterwards.

Vincent77 28th June 2012 01:51 PM

Mouser Electronics has everything you need (10M45S, DN2540, SiC Schottky, etc.), and on orders >65€, they offer free FedEx/UPS shipping to Europe.

Triodethom 28th June 2012 07:36 PM

Never ha a problem with Mouser or digikey they both are big time dist. Shipping should be ok these parts are lite .

dsavitsk 28th June 2012 09:22 PM

In addition to IXYS parts, Supertex makes several depletion mode MOSFETs, as does Advanced Linear Devices. Both are available from Mouser, and likely other places, too. But, the BJT solution is generally cheaper, and more predictable (tolerance on Vbe is much tighter than Vgs).

piano3 28th June 2012 11:08 PM

The last time I checked, Mouser don't send IXYS parts to Europe. No difficulty getting Supertex though.