Source of IXYS 10m45s and other CCS devices - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th June 2012, 04:22 AM   #11
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowtherdream View Post
Don't worry... I was curious to find the info since I am in Italy for vacation. I knew that Mouser, Newark(Farnell) and Digikey have the 10M45S in Canada and the States. If their policy is the same around the world, they will ship to anyone. Just be careful with the shipping charges.
I am staying with relatives near Florence. I am planning to visit Florence, Pisa, Siena, Venice, Rome... and let's see how much time we have left afterwards.
Availability of 10m45S is not a problem per se but Ixys products we look for are not usually shipped to Europe. The 10m45s and higher voltage sibling is one of them.

Shipping charges are a killer. As high as 18 eur-22 eur from some internet shops!

Happy to hear you are visiting "il bel paese" Just beware of the heat. In Florence we just reached astonishingly high temperatures and humidity levels. Luckily I live in Milan and the weather is bearable.

@dsavitsk

You are 100% correct. The document I linked to shows all the possibile solutions for CCS use. Some are limited to low voltages some are not. The supertex DN2540 is a widely used alternative to IXYS. I used both in the same circuit and both work very well. Obviously the resistor values to set the current draw are different, but all in all the two devices are very similar (at least from my point of view )

The document I attatched is really informative, all the main topologies are covered with good detail and are very well explained (at least for someone with limite knowledge like myself)
Old 29th June 2012, 05:47 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

You can make a high performance CCS with easily available MOSFET
Classic Valve Design - Original and Legacy Design PCB's
Old 29th June 2012, 08:19 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowtherdream View Post
There are Italian distributors for IXYS. They do not have it in stock, but the minimum order is 1.
Cerca risultato per:*10m45s* - Future Electronics

Digikey Italia has it in stock, but more expensive
Circuiti integrati (CI) | PMIC - Regolazione/gestione corrente | DigiKey

Check on the IXYS site for more options.
I sent an email to future electronics: minimum order 700 pcs

Inviato dal mio GT-I9001 con Tapatalk 2
Old 29th June 2012, 12:10 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexontherocks View Post
Shipping charges are a killer. As high as 18 eur-22 eur from some internet shops!
Priority Mail "flat rate envelope" from the US to Europe increased to $16.95 a few months ago, and express mail is now $36. With the cost of packing materials and time engaged in filling out customs forms, the charges would seem reasonable.
Old 29th June 2012, 01:01 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Digi-Key sells IXYS fets.

International Electronic Component Distributor | DigiKey
Old 29th June 2012, 11:23 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

just placed order with Digi-key from NZ, last time I tried "not available for shipping to your country" message, not this time, so I'll see if they actually ship - aadvarkash, PM me if you want a few
Old 30th June 2012, 03:44 AM   #17
tomchr is offline tomchr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinnj View Post
Priority Mail "flat rate envelope" from the US to Europe increased to $16.95 a few months ago, and express mail is now $36. With the cost of packing materials and time engaged in filling out customs forms, the charges would seem reasonable.
Yep. $20 seems like a lot to ship a small part, but that's what the postal service charges... If you want slower service, I think first class mail is still available, but then you have to pay someone to stand in line at the post office.

I think a bigger issue with the IXYS parts is that they're marked as obsolete on IXYS' website. At least they were last I checked.

Of course, there are other options - including implementing discrete bipolar current sources. Or... circuits like the LT3092. That could be fitted with a cascode and make a killer current source. I soldered one up last night and need to go measure its performance.

~Tom
Old 30th June 2012, 04:03 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchr View Post
I think a bigger issue with the IXYS parts is that they're marked as obsolete on IXYS' website. At least they were last I checked.
10M35S is obsolete, 10M45S and 10M90S are 'active part'.
Old 30th June 2012, 04:40 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

I bought IXTP08N50D2 ( 500 V / 800 mA) and IXTP08N100D2 ( 1000 V / 800 mA ).
Both types are in TO220 case.
Old 30th June 2012, 03:19 PM   #20

IXTP08N100D2 Ixys | Mouser

The IXYS 1000v type cannot be sold in Italy.

Hide this!Advertise here!