• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help identifing a 12ax7a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to identify a Hammond branded 12AX7A made in Gt. Britain; I thought you guys might be able to help.. The only code on it is 2-1, and 24 is impressed on the bottom. It's got a Halo Getter. Here are a couple pictures:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks,
-Adam

Ok, no seams and no Blackburn date codes, means it's not a Mullard. Probably European.

jeff

The thing is that there is a spot where you can see the tiny bit on printing where the code would have been. So a Mullard can't really be ruled out; since the code wore off. I'm beginning to think that my only chance of finding out the manufacturer is to find someone with the same exact tube (w/ the code still printed on the tube).. eh?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.