• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

X10 V3 SERVICE MANUAL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok guys, Just shootin' in the dark here, but I have tried to find a service manual for a Musical Fidelity X10 V3 with no luck. Short story, I applied 21v to the circuit, and it didn't like it. So I says, maybe I should get a better picture of things before I go further(never stopped me before). I have been busy upgrading this circuit(just parts change out). Anyway, Looks like I have an open in both channels. Plus, I am getting 29vdc at the heater filament. Is that right? More to come I'm sure...thanks in advance.

X10 V3

Yes, correct, it is the version three in a square enclosure. I did see a schematic , but no values or voltage readings available with it. Funny how something so popular needs such effort for info. I suspect something is open, and it would be easier to trace with some 'hints'. A signal generator may be a start to see how far down the rabbit hole it goes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.