• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Question for EU diyaudio members

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ugh! Horrible! Who wants their home to look like an office?

I love the cool industrial looks of that furniture. Looks like an office, you think? I don't think so, however I would agree that the chrome, powdercoated metal and class creates a cool and minimalistic setup - just what I like. Throw in a leather couch and lounge chairs, some paintings, nice lamps and a couple of tall potted plants and you've got a stylish interior. Now picture a wooden tube amp in there - doesn't blend in.

Last edited:
I don't do minimalism. I like plenty of clutter, and lots of oak furniture, and bookcases. I don't like leather (except for shoes) but I do have a few tall potted plants. Tell me what is considered 'stylish' and I will do the opposite. Good job we all have different tastes?

I agree that a wooden-cased amp would not fit in your kind of room. In my kind of room the valve amp is in a matt black metal case and hidden at the bottom of a tall oak rack so it is not too noticeable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.