• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Transformer selection/brands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I have decided to tackle a tubelab SE and am looking at OPT's online, the amp is 300b type. What are Sofia electric like? They have a model 91-01 that looks suitable. Any comments would be appreciated.

For the PT I am thinking about the Hammond 300bx or one of a similar voltage. They are quite expensive in Australia but people seem to like them.

I am at the reaserch end of things no solid divisions other than the amp kit itself have been made, there is much to consider all comment is welcome.

Cheers

Hi all,
I have decided to tackle a tubelab SE and am looking at OPT's online, the amp is 300b type. What are Sofia electric like? They have a model 91-01 that looks suitable. Any comments would be appreciated.

For the PT I am thinking about the Hammond 300bx or one of a similar voltage. They are quite expensive in Australia but people seem to like them.

I am at the reaserch end of things no solid divisions other than the amp kit itself have been made, there is much to consider all comment is welcome.

Cheers

I built my SSE with MARS iron from VT4C (google it) sounds and looks good to me

DSC00045m.jpg DSC00042m.jpg

Hi deadpool,
That amp looks great! thanks for the tip on the Mars site. I have gone with the sophia OPT's and I have done more reaserch on the PT, It the 372jx that is recomended for the SE this is the tubelab recommended PT. As you realise being an Aussie this is still quite expensive.

cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.