• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Wharfedale W12 output transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Forget I asked. ;)

I've decided to give them a miss. Found a set of PP transformers with more information and specs (and a higher price tag), but they're brand new and higher wattage.

P.

Never seen Wharfedale iron. Like to though ;) Old does not necessary mean bad or outdated. My favourite iron is from the 1950's erea (if the price is right, that is).

Single ended transformers have an extra handicap to them when developing outputs. The iron has to withstand the DC and must not get saturated. Push pull outputs have no such need (when both halves are in balance) and can be had for less money, usually.

Thanks, disco. :)

The W12s are push-pull and rated at around 10 watts each. The thing that held me back is that I simply can't find any information about them. It was the frequency response figures that I was particularly hoping to find.

And I get what you mean about single-ended vs push-pull. I've started building more PP guitar amps because I can get the transformers for less than half the price of the same power single-ended iron. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.