Old tube amp info? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th June 2012, 12:52 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Old tube amp info?

Hi fellows my brother just get this amp and i wondering if any have some info in order to try to restore it thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqNHJCEE-lKLbtt3BP)RSDzhig~~60_57.JPG (251.7 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqFHJBME-dq2kM)eBP)RRp)-2Q~~60_57.JPG (512.3 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqRHJDgE+BK88n6cBP)RR+njg!~~60_57.JPG (347.4 KB, 133 views)
Old 7th June 2012, 12:54 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

one more pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqNHJEwE-uwKHetMBP)RR7P1Fw~~60_57.JPG (334.5 KB, 128 views)
Old 7th June 2012, 01:07 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quite a peace of history!
Something of the middle of 30'th

Start drawing schematic, drawing sockets and what is soldered to them. Tubes will be figured out according to nominals of resistors and numbers of tube legs.

It is obviously a push-pull PA amp.
Old 7th June 2012, 02:31 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Anatoly,

I'm going to make some guesses about the tube complement. Those look like grid cap connections to me. My thinking is 6J7s in those sockets. I'm guessing a 5Z3 rectifier in the UX4 socket. Perhaps original, metal envelope, 6L6s for the O/P pair. A 6J5 or early 6SN7 in the remaining socket?
Old 7th June 2012, 08:01 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

How about this? 30-watt Amplifier Amplifier Electro Acoustic Products Co., b
Old 7th June 2012, 09:24 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Duttman View Post
Anatoly,

I'm going to make some guesses about the tube complement. Those look like grid cap connections to me. My thinking is 6J7s in those sockets. I'm guessing a 5Z3 rectifier in the UX4 socket. Perhaps original, metal envelope, 6L6s for the O/P pair. A 6J5 or early 6SN7 in the remaining socket?
This valve lineup looks a lot like a Cinemeccanica Cinema amp I have. That one had a separate 6V6 Single Ended for driving the High Freq Speaker.
Old 7th June 2012, 10:55 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Likely to be from 1946 by look of parts and using pot date code (big assumption!) - perhaps there is some info on the chokes or some cap date codes or the Tx stamped numbers.

Fantastic original condition.
Old 7th June 2012, 11:19 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

You'll need to determine the OT turns ratio's and then deduce the most likely impedance levels of the windings, unless their identified on the connectors on the side - that may sway your options.

Is the insulated wire very brittle? The PT wires look like they'll need some insulation TLC - you'll probably end up removing the PT to check the internal connections and condition. Ditto with the OT.

You'll get lots of different advise on what to end up with and how to get there, but I suggest you don't rush, and try and act the detective on all the parts and the history of the amp - that can be very rewarding.

Hide this!Advertise here!