• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Old tube amp info?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi fellows my brother just get this amp and i wondering:confused: if any have some info in order to try to restore it thanks

Attachments

• $(KGrHqNHJCEE-lKLbtt3BP)RSDzhig~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqNHJCEE-lKLbtt3BP)RSDzhig~~60_57.JPG
    251.7 KB · Views: 166
  • $(KGrHqFHJBME-dq2kM)eBP)RRp)-2Q~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqFHJBME-dq2kM)eBP)RRp)-2Q~~60_57.JPG
    512.3 KB · Views: 150
  • $(KGrHqRHJDgE+BK88n6cBP)RR+njg!~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqRHJDgE+BK88n6cBP)RR+njg!~~60_57.JPG
    347.4 KB · Views: 153
Anatoly,

I'm going to make some guesses about the tube complement. Those look like grid cap connections to me. My thinking is 6J7s in those sockets. I'm guessing a 5Z3 rectifier in the UX4 socket. Perhaps original, metal envelope, 6L6s for the O/P pair. A 6J5 or early 6SN7 in the remaining socket?

Anatoly,

I'm going to make some guesses about the tube complement. Those look like grid cap connections to me. My thinking is 6J7s in those sockets. I'm guessing a 5Z3 rectifier in the UX4 socket. Perhaps original, metal envelope, 6L6s for the O/P pair. A 6J5 or early 6SN7 in the remaining socket?

This valve lineup looks a lot like a Cinemeccanica Cinema amp I have. That one had a separate 6V6 Single Ended for driving the High Freq Speaker.

You'll need to determine the OT turns ratio's and then deduce the most likely impedance levels of the windings, unless their identified on the connectors on the side - that may sway your options.

Is the insulated wire very brittle? The PT wires look like they'll need some insulation TLC - you'll probably end up removing the PT to check the internal connections and condition. Ditto with the OT.

You'll get lots of different advise on what to end up with and how to get there, but I suggest you don't rush, and try and act the detective on all the parts and the history of the amp - that can be very rewarding.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.