• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

0,22 0,33 0,47.....uF

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, recently in this world, let me know how it is to change the range of audio frequencies, replacing the coupling capacitors in values. in practice as a minimum value and what I can mount up, with such changes? thanks
i would like more bass, in this moment i have the 0.22 uf on 6n1-> EL34

So, increasing the value of the capacitor.. i get down or turn up the starting point of the low frequencies?
It ' a Yaqin mc-10l, is born with 0.10uF but 0.22uF recommend switching to ...
I now mount svetlana c logo el34 e nos driver, I thought I would try the el-6CA7 or el34B for more bass frequency... i have change loudspeaker in suspension, no reflex and all it's changed...
what do you thing? thanks for the help!

fantacrazy said:
so then there is no fixed value, we should do some listening tests
If the amp has negative feedback then there is not a straightforward relationship between coupling cap value and bass extension. Increasing cap values could cause an LF peak or motorboating. Best to assume the original designer knew what he was doing; don't believe everything you see on the internet. People who say "make the caps bigger to get better bass" rarely think about the Bode/Nyquist criteria for stability.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
The Yaqin mc-10l uses .1uf coupling caps, so I stuck with that value when I owned one, and a friend with one tried .22uf and .33uf and he found no difference in sound. I replaced the original caps with Mundorf silver & oil .1uf caps.

Russian 6N1P-EV tubes work well as replacements for the Chinese 6N1's, and Winged C EL34's are a good choice for output tubes.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Yeah, if the amp was designed well enough, then the value should be optimal.

The value is dictated by the circuit design, not the topology.

Edit: Just a general thought, not responding to anyone specifically.
(Typo)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.