Finished my Fisher 460t-thanks - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th May 2012, 02:12 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Finished my Fisher 460t-thanks

Just got done with the shake in and burn in of my Fisher 460t that everyone here was soooClick the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size. much help on.
I tested all of the resistors and only found a few out-of spec(5%) and replaced those and did a complete re-cap. I mixed the caps on the coulpining side as many suggested so as not to color the sound of the amp. The power caps I took to a little higher rating. I did the resistor mod to compensate for the pre not being run from the power transformer.
It sounds just beautiful!!
I did a little dress up with a red-oak trim and painted the chassis. Then I had the bells chromed-put in a ground and added some IC's-input and output.

I replaced my Carver M.10t MKII opt2 amp on my main system and used my Denon 2808 for a pre through my B&W 802's with a Oppo BDP 83 SE for source. Ran it FULL blast-it was a beautiful sound and a little more richer than the Carver M in the mids(bass is on a active crossover to 2 1200w subs) but came no where near the head room at 36w to the nearly 900w of the Carver.
So I took it out and put the M.10t back in.
Soooo-------
Now I took it to my TT dedicated system that has a Carver C1 pre that has been heavly modified by the late Bill Dribble. It is dead silent and has been balanced to my TT.
I had a Carver TFM25 with a Grant tube buffer on it.
Took the TFM25 and buffer out and put in the Fisher.
WOW!!!

I will not be going back. The Fisher is just sooo much more sibilant in all feq.
It's driving my Wharfedale 250w 91db horn loaded mid and tweeters and it drives the outside Polk Atrium 60's also.
Just beautiful!!
Thanks all

IMG_3727.jpg

IMG_3724.jpg

Hide this!Advertise here!