Seeking advice for tube amp kit on,seems to be, chinese site - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2012, 11:05 PM   #1
_Krout is offline _Krout  France
diyAudio Member

Default Seeking advice for tube amp kit on,seems to be, chinese site

Hi,

Does anyone tried one of the tube amp kit provided by Auido/Video - Kits - Boards | Kits | Components | Modules | Tools.
I have the feeling that, this site seems to be from china.
There is a very small "desktop" amp (not found on main site) :
Mini 6J1+6J5 Desktop 1W x 2 HiFi Tube Amplifier SA-09

Seems fun, but....would like feedback (if any!) before trying
Old 21st May 2012, 03:33 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

You can see a lot of discussions about it here:
Cheap Chinese 6P3P kit - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Just omit post for the first 2 months. Then you'll see a lot of positive feedbacks and discussions about built, test and mod.

Last edited by siliconray; 21st May 2012 at 03:36 AM.
Old 21st May 2012, 04:03 AM   #3
Banned

I would pass.

Most times they don't know what they are selling, they just kinda "borrow" ideas from here and slap it together. Pandering.

Since you are going to have to "test and mod" the amp anyways, you would be farther ahead to spend the money on some decent output transformers, and build something like the RH84. Makes a nice "little" amp.

What seems like a cheap amp in our dollars, actually has insane markup in China.
He should offer more for the dollar.
Some of those amps are now $500-$600, pretty expensive for poor quality knock-offs. Huge profit margins.
Plus an extra $100 USD to have it assembled. This is getting out of hand.

Last edited by Alvis; 21st May 2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old 25th June 2014, 04:20 PM   #4
Pdwhitt is offline Pdwhitt  United States
diyAudio Member

I built the 6P3P amp from silicon ray with a few mods and I am VERY happy with the amp.
Old 4th July 2014, 11:36 PM   #5
mdamp is offline mdamp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Krout View Post
Hi,

Does anyone tried one of the tube amp kit provided by Auido/Video - Kits - Boards | Kits | Components | Modules | Tools.
I have the feeling that, this site seems to be from china.
There is a very small "desktop" amp (not found on main site) :
Mini 6J1+6J5 Desktop 1W x 2 HiFi Tube Amplifier SA-09

Seems fun, but....would like feedback (if any!) before trying
I have brought a cheap chinese amp kit and ended up re-modifying it totally and found the OPT were made very cheaply and the sound was not the best, but for the money and you don't care about the quality of sound they will done, I weigh it up and found if I brought good quality OPT then get yourself a good schematics of a simpler amp for chinese and source the parts and go from there. just my humble opinion
Old 5th July 2014, 07:40 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

IMO, 6P3P is not very good choice, better use 6V6, 6F6, or EL34 with adjusting plate current, acc. current limit of OT.
Projects: OTL-OCL 6AS7 Gen. Electric, SEs 2A3 RCA, 300B JJ, 6S4S, 4P1L, EL11 Telefunken, 6AS7 RCA, 6S33S, 6S41S, 6S19P, E84L Siemens, E236L Telefunken, headphone ampl. OTL Loftin White 6AS7 RCA,... PPs 6005 Gen. Electric, EL34 Mullard, 6L6....

Hide this!Advertise here!