• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Seeking advice for tube amp kit on,seems to be, chinese site

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would pass.

Most times they don't know what they are selling, they just kinda "borrow" ideas from here and slap it together. Pandering.

Since you are going to have to "test and mod" the amp anyways, you would be farther ahead to spend the money on some decent output transformers, and build something like the RH84. Makes a nice "little" amp.

What seems like a cheap amp in our dollars, actually has insane markup in China.
He should offer more for the dollar.
Some of those amps are now $500-$600, pretty expensive for poor quality knock-offs. Huge profit margins.
Plus an extra $100 USD to have it assembled. This is getting out of hand.

Last edited:
Hi,

Does anyone tried one of the tube amp kit provided by Auido/Video - Kits - Boards | Kits | Components | Modules | Tools.
I have the feeling that, this site seems to be from china.
There is a very small "desktop" amp (not found on main site) :
Mini 6J1+6J5 Desktop 1W x 2 HiFi Tube Amplifier SA-09

Seems fun, but....would like feedback (if any!) before trying

I have brought a cheap chinese amp kit and ended up re-modifying it totally and found the OPT were made very cheaply and the sound was not the best, but for the money and you don't care about the quality of sound they will done, I weigh it up and found if I brought good quality OPT then get yourself a good schematics of a simpler amp for chinese and source the parts and go from there. just my humble opinion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.