Best "Vintage" Stereo Pres that SoftClip and lotsa Harmonics - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th April 2012, 05:24 PM   #11
morinix is offline morinix  United States
diyAudio Member

Here ya' go! Sorry it took sooooooo long I was really busy. This is the schematic to the GrooveTubes Ditto Box. When you turn the gain up it has a squishy sound like analog tape compression. There is a schematic floating around out there for "The Brick". That design was started by me but I left GT before it was finished. Mitch Margolis finished it and changed things to follow his design protocols. I never listened to a final production Brick so I can't comment on what his changes did to the sound.

btw, this unit will run fine with a pot in place of the output transformer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ditto Box.jpg (352.7 KB, 56 views)
Old 30th April 2012, 06:24 PM   #12
Cassiel is offline Cassiel  Libya
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzoe View Post
Thanks... whats the "messed up" quality to the ckt ?

So, theres a Discussion somewhere on it ?
I don't know about messed up qualities* but I can tell you that the value of the cathode resistor is too low. Strange. Maybe the one who draw the schematic made a mistake -deliberate or not.

There's always some discussion on the net about almost anything. This one happened long ago so I don't remember the details.

Quote:
Here ya' go!
Hey morinix thanks for the schematic.

*(On second thought I think I know a lot about messed up qualities)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg THE BRICK-1.jpg (123.3 KB, 47 views)
Old 30th April 2012, 08:39 PM   #13
morinix is offline morinix  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiel View Post
Hey morinix thanks for the schematic.
My pleasure

The Ditto Box when run wide open has just shy of 30db gain with the output transformer so definitely an output level control is recommended if used without and output transformer. I have been slowly building a preamp based on this circuit with an 11hm7 as the output tube and tube regulation for the HV.

Hide this!Advertise here!