• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

First Project with these tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all, im totally new to Tube Circuits.

I have the fortune of having many NOS Valves, some of which include:
  • ECL82 Sylvania
  • CRC 6V6GT/G
  • EL84 Zaerix
  • CV378 / CV717 / CV8458
  • 6AU6 (EF94)
  • CV574 / CV2901 / E795
  • ECC88 Mullard
  • CV404 Chelmer
  • CV1833 Heintz and Kaufman
  • CV452 AD
  • CV1377 Chelmer
  • E82CC Rohre Siemens
  • E180CC Mullard
  • 6V6GT Brimar
I have no Power and Output Transformers.

Im looking for a detailed project showing all connections to build a nice amplifier with some of these tubes.

Im planning on making att least two valve amps.
The first one must be a ULTRA easy reliable first time amp that works well even when constructed by a tube nube.

After that Id like a challenge and make the nicest stereo amplifier i can with what i already have, given that ill need to buy Transformers.

:D and lastly id like to know if this transformer from RS Comp. is good enough for the first small nube amp.
Buy Audio Transformer Multi-tapped output AF transformer,3.5W Oxford Electrical Products N35A002F online from RS for next day delivery.

Thnx.

Last edited:
Send me an email (gwmaz at xtra.co.nz) as I might be able to help with transformers.
A lot more detail is needed before you decide on a design (such as expected power out, input sensitivity etc), but have a look at the RH84 for a simple single ended 5W design using EL84s, and the El-cheapo (do search on here as the designer is here, Hi Eli) as a PP 6V6 (and equivalents) design for about 10w.

Gary (in Nelson)

OEP Transformer

In various forms that transformer has been in RS range for years . It is Dansette record Player standard . I hope you try one as I would be trilled to think it might work . The RH 84 Alex Kitic amp might work at a pinch with it .

Realistically you will need something better . If Kitic is to be beveled his amp would probably try very hard to make it give it's best . Old TV's had something similar . If the Kitic circuit had existed then my TV would have been converted . We did convert them to triode and no feedback ( PCL 86 typically ) . Voice quality better and bass clarity . ECL/PCL 82 would be ideal for that transformer .

Please someone do a Dansette .

http://www.tubeaudio.8m.com/RH84/rh84.html

I am also going to use that Output Tranny from RS Components, it's cheap :)
I am going to build a ECL82 amplifier with a 235V-0-235V 0.06A , 6.3V 2A mains tranny.
Ill be using SS rectification. :hypno2: Don't Judge :hypno2:

I was thinking of
1.) Flea Power Vacuum Tube Amplifier - Tiny 3 Watt SE Amp (liking it for showing wiring layout) or
2.) Single Tube amplifier

Which is similar on Triode end and but different on Pentode end, Grid connection and values for different B+.

Can anyone help changing values for my Mains transformer.
And Filtering Circuit for B+
This will be my first tube project.
Im building a Stereo of http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/164093-100w-ultimate-fidelity-amplifier.html for my wharfedale diamond 10.1's.
If this tube project goes well, maybe it will convince me to build a Tube amp for them instead.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.