• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

My first tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. First, my english are poor.
I returned, as I said, to introduce the schemas and how I worked this amplifier. Schemas I initially took on a Russian forum, to which I applied some changes to the vacuum tubes that I had. Everything is done manually and here I mean the case, the AC/DC transformer and audio transformers. Audio transformers (14.5 cm ^ 2), primary winding consists of four coils in series, each winding has 750 turns, wound in four rows of 187.5 turns, 0.1mm insulated between layers, with 0.25mm copper wire section , enamel, in clockwise. Secondary winding consists of three coils each with 117 turns of 0.5mm section copper wire, enamelled, connected in parallel and wound counterclockwise. Sections of primary and secondary sections have been inserted one by one to end. I worked 4-5 hours to one of them.
DC power was made with two 5Ц3С rectifiers connected in parallel to keep full stereo amplifier, two pi filters, one for each channel, built by two choke and electrolytic capacitors.
The low hum is heard only by ear close to the speaker, but on the other hand, something is sound like a slight buzz generated by the tube, I think, 6Н1П. If I remove this tube from the circuit, all that noise disappears (I try other tubes 6Н1П-ВИ and 6Н2П-EB and the same). Noise is not annoying, but easily heard during breaks between songs. Can give me some advice how to remove it. Do not know the power output on the speakers, because I don't know how to calculate it. I attach here the schemas. I used Russian tubes because these are easy to find here, in Romania, are cheaper and are good. I have done this amplifier with users advice from elforum.

Attachments

• Diagram.jpg
    Diagram.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 77
  • OT.jpg
    OT.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 73
  • AC-DC power.jpg
    AC-DC power.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 71
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.