• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Determing the reason for mystery? cap in schematic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What does that imply, care to dazzel us with your overpriced speaker collection?
I bet it's super trendy.:rolleyes: I can tell by your tone that you are a Cardas customer, lol.

...and it's spelled Kool aid.

I thought most folks were friendly here and could have a discussion without name calling.

Todd, I did not have to look long to find this quote by you, "There are few things that pis$ me off as much as meaningless, unhelpful snarky two-word replies. Childish and gutless. But thanks for giving us everything you've got."

So it appears we are dealing with a hypocrite, c'est la vie.

+1 :yes:

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
You may want to rethink this.

Thanks,
Chris

I think, Ref post #36..

If you look at the schematic if you short out the capacitor as shown in post 1 # of this thread you will burn out the EL84....

Point "A" is to the B+ supplying the OP transformer..
The other side of the cap also comes from a different "level" of B+ that supplies the 12AX7..

So if you short out the cap then you will put the 12AX7 B+ rail onto the EL84 anode and stuff the tube...(shorting out the o/p Tx)
I think that is what he is refering to...

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.