diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubes / Valves (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/)
-   -   Re: Tube Line gain stage with pcc88 or ecc82 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/210326-re-tube-line-gain-stage-pcc88-ecc82.html)

formula 22 8th April 2012 02:10 AM

Re: Tube Line gain stage with pcc88 or ecc82
 
Hi all!
I need a schematic that I create the preamplifier (gain stage) in the stereo version, with one tube PCC88, or with ECC82 (12UX7). I have a regulated power supplies, which gives B=+240V/60mA.
This preamplifier to the output should have a maximum resistance to 2k7.
thank you

Eli Duttman 8th April 2012 02:51 AM

Both types mentioned are not especially well suited to the job of a line stage, with gain.

Types with a lower μ rate to be more satisfactory. The B+ rail you have will work with the 12AU7/ECC82. However, that type is not at all linear. :( Maybe CCS loaded, MOSFET buffered, and step down O/P trafo coupled will work. Trafos in the signal path always mean expense.

formula 22 8th April 2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eli Duttman (Post 2976858)
Both types mentioned are not especially well suited to the job of a line stage, with gain.

Types with a lower μ rate to be more satisfactory. The B+ rail you have will work with the 12AU7/ECC82. However, that type is not at all linear. :( Maybe CCS loaded, MOSFET buffered, and step down O/P trafo coupled will work. Trafos in the signal path always mean expense.

Hi
This a valve premplifier with PCC88 or with 12AU7 (ECC82) means that gain up to 10x and the output resistance to 2.7 kOhm
thank you

Eli Duttman 8th April 2012 01:08 PM

The μ (amplification factor) of the 12AU7 is 20. That of the 6DJ8/ECC88 and its relatives is 33. Both types yield excessive gain, for this application. Neither tube, wired common cathode, will have the O/P impedance required.

The stated goals do not mate with the items already on hand.

Rod Coleman 8th April 2012 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the range of advantages of the shunt-cascode stage is that we can decrease the 'gearing' of an amplifier: ie reduce gain AND output impedance, without sacrificing other useful parameters.

This line circuit has a gain of 10 and output impedance of 1K. it will work with any of the 1940s/50s tuner triodes that like 90-100V, including cheap PCC88 and even PCC89, if the input swing is small.

The circuit looks patched together, because I just hacked a phono stage drawing, which works and sounds superb - far better than the usual CCS loaded stages or 6SN7s etc.

Only thing to watch is that the cascode voltage of 90 -95V must be low noise and low impedance. A voltage divider with darlington buffer will suffice, but a shunt regulator is not overdoing things.

formula 22 8th April 2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rod Coleman (Post 2977344)
One of the range of advantages of the shunt-cascode stage is that we can decrease the 'gearing' of an amplifier: ie reduce gain AND output impedance, without sacrificing other useful parameters.

This line circuit has a gain of 10 and output impedance of 1K. it will work with any of the 1940s/50s tuner triodes that like 90-100V, including cheap PCC88 and even PCC89, if the input swing is small.


The circuit looks patched together, because I just hacked a phono stage drawing, which works and sounds superb - far better than the usual CCS loaded stages or 6SN7s etc.Only thing to watch is that the cascode voltage of 90 -95V must be low noise and low impedance. A voltage divider with darlington buffer will suffice, but a shunt regulator is not overdoing things.

Hi Rod!
I just want to I create the pre-amp with valve / tube or PCC88 or with12UX7 (ECC82), which delivers the pleasant valve/tube sound.! Where anode voltage preamplifier range from + B=150...250V.
With the gain up to <10x and output to <2,7 kOhm!
thank you and cheers!:cheers:

DF96 8th April 2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

the pleasant valve/tube sound
An FX box?

You have been given good advice. You need to realise that you are, in effect, asking people to tell you how to make 3=4. The tiny snag is that 3 does not equal 4, so no amount of wishing on your part can make it so.

hemgjord 8th April 2012 10:17 PM

The PCC88 will get you close on output impedance if you run it hot(high current) but you'll have 20+ gain.
If you can accept one tube per channel you could have a common cathode stage dirct coupled to a CF. Then you could tailor it to "any" gain and output impedance with some feedback.

/Olof

ruffrecords 8th April 2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by formula 22 (Post 2977378)
With the gain up to <10x and output to <2,7 kOhm!
thank you and cheers!:cheers:

When you say 'output <2.7K ohm' do you mean the load it is driving is 2.7K ohm or you want the output impedance to be < 2.7K ohms?

Cheers

Ian

woodturner-fran 8th April 2012 10:47 PM

Have a google for a jadis DPL schematic (or maybe the dpl2). It uses 12au7 and is simple enough. I know the 12au7 is frowned upon here, but I have heard one of these preamps and it sounded very good indeed. Its on my list to build one someday.

There were no special parts inside, using a 7812 for heaters.

Fran


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2