• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

MYSTERY METAL TUBES B-1532

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In my stash of tubes I came across a quad of metal tubes I can't identify and I would like some help. The only printed markings are "B-1532", which is printed in Sylvania/Amperex yellow. Also moulded into the pin/keyway surface is "licensed only to extent indicated on carton". Hand written on three of them is " CT-128" or "CT-123", which is written with a red marker. Physically they don't fit any of the outlines shown in my RCA, SYLVANIA, GE, CBS, TELEFUNKEN, AMPEREX, WE, Tung-Sol, or EIMAC tube manuals so I'm stumped. I've also looked at some military cross references and don't see this number. Yes I have a lot of tube manuals and thousands of tubes. They look like 6N7 except they have an extra section between the crimp and the pin/key surface which is 0.595" long, making them 3.648" overall in length. Anybody know what they are, or have a guess as to what they might be?
Thanks, Ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.