• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Time relay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello buy a relay time for my stage 300B and put it after the high tesion 30 seconds jumps and shakes the speaker cones.
Anyone know the exact placement for not doing this?
the device is this (Power Supply Board Action Delay 300B 2A3 KT88 tube amp) (Sophia Electric)
thanks

Joined 2010
Paid Member
It appears that you need to fit suppressor networks across the relay switch contacts.This is usually a 0.1mFd capacitor in series with a 100 Ohm resistor.The capacitor should be rated to suit the B+ voltage with a healthy safety margin if there are filter chokes in the supply rail.

you could make me a schema
thanks
Try this.
Relay contacts are conected to speakers output, short circuit in "power off", after time delay, relay is "power on" and short circuit is removed.
Need a three contacts relay.
Time delay is about 10sec. If so much, decrease R, say 470K
NEVER power up a valve amp without a load.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.JPG
    ScreenShot001.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 300
When I use damper diodes for delayed B+, I use the standard C-L-C filter for the supply hash and then add the diode and cap. This last cap becomes the Max B+ that I use to bias the output transformers. Then R-C for second stade and R-C for first stage like normal.
For the C-L-C filter be sure to use enough of a safety margine for the cap's voltage rating, stack them if you need to.
I've used this method on power amps and pre/headphone amps to prevent turn on noise, and turn on overvoltage.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.