Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th March 2012, 05:28 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Need to replace the power switch on an EAR 859

Well, this is what makes audio fun, I guess. I have an EAR 859 that I really, really like, but I've just encountered one of the notorious problems with this amp: I need to replace a part and don't know where to find what I need. The problem is pretty simple, actually. The power switch doesn't spring back out anymore. Everything works fine with the amp, I just have to unplug it to power it off, which is annoying. I contacted EAR about it, but of course, they just want to sell me the entire power assembly for 35 pounds, and that would be for UK shipping. I'm sure it would be an arm and a leg to get it shipped to the US.
So, DIYers, I'd be grateful for the help: where can I get a new power switch? Anyone had any luck?

Thanks!

Kent
Old 20th March 2012, 05:54 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

OK well thats a pretty special switch. I wonder if there is some reason why they dident want to sell you just the switch. Mabe its mounted on a board or something. Are you up to taking a look inside? If you post nice close up pictures it might help. Also see if there is anything like a brand name on the switch. They bought it from somewhere! Also someone might be able to help you locate an equivalent switch.

Hide this!Advertise here!