• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

GU50 Push-Pull version1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built some SE and PSE amps with GU50. Now I am developing PP version. This is very first schematic. What do you think? I test Edcor with 6N23P and 6N6P. I got a good frequency response from 100Hz up and about -3dB at 40Hz.

Attachments

• GU50 PP Interstage.png
    GU50 PP Interstage.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 2,247
... And to get full advantage from GU-50 tubes in pentode mode you need no less than 600V of B+. I use 850V in my Pyramid amps getting 80W per channel.

I have the same experience. In my Bass Amp with 6 GU50 I have 950V of B+ (Idle), the resulting output power is 320Watts. Schematic is attached for info.

Attachments

• BRV 250 Rel 2 Power Amp.png
    BRV 250 Rel 2 Power Amp.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,103
Interesting, but the GNFB loop is very long now IMO, 3 tubes, 2 transformers and a capacitor. That's a long journey to correct any errors..

My solution is/should be to limit the feedback to each half of the amp (the push and pull phase split sides), but I'm not sure how good that will be for crossover distortion.

Like the interstage in general BTW, very nice!

Have you continued you work on this amp? Would love to hear about your experience and results.

That was one of the version. Triode straped GU50 in PP. The front tube was 6350 and the driver 12B4A. The output transformers were 14K:8. I made a mistake when ordering transformers - thats why 14K:8. The power was around 18W. The sound was good. Realy good. Excellent bass.

Attachments

• GU50 PP shema.jpg
    GU50 PP shema.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 812
  • SPREDAJ 2.jpg
    SPREDAJ 2.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 795
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.